Yvonne is a level 3 prenatal and postnatal Pilates specialist. Sessions are designed to create an atmosphere where mums-to-be and new mums can exercise in a safe environment.
Benefits Of Prenatal Pilates:
There are many reasons why you should do Pilates during pregnancy, especially as the principles of Pilates concentrate on pelvic floor activation, posture and prevention of back pain. Here are some of the many benefits you can expect:
- Pilates during pregnancy promotes a positive experience of pregnancy
- The body is prepared for labour, and postnatal recovery is greatly aided
- Cardiovascular fitness is maintained through improved breath control and improved circulation
- Focus on deep breathing induces relaxation and improves sleep patterns
- Body awareness and control is enhanced
- Improved muscle length and flexibility (within your range of movement) leading to improved coordination
Benefits of postnatal Pilates:
Pilates is fantastic for post baby recovery. Pilates will help you to recover your pre-baby shape and boost your much needed energy levels.
Other benefits include:
- Strengthening pelvic floor muscles that are weakened by pregnancy
- Retraining the core to help support your spine and pelvis
- Re-education of correct posture following the natural changes in your body through pregnancy.
- Strengthening the upper body and learning how to lift and hold your baby to avoid back problems
- Learning relaxation techniques to reduce stress and help you to sleep.